Valid on phone, fax and online orders at staples.ca. Not valid in retail stores. Limit one per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement must be met with purchases to which no other coupon applies. May not be combined with any other coupon. No cash/credit back. Not valid on downloadable software, services, business service provider or custom-printing service provider Web sites, gift cards or prior purchases. Unless otherwise stated coupons are not valid on any computer, tablet, laptop or eReader purchase. Taxes and shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase.
If you have additional questions about redeeming coupons, click here.
We offer next-business-day delivery when you order by 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Orders placed after 5:00 pm on Friday, or on Saturday or Sunday, will be delivered the following Tuesday.
A contact person must be available to accept the delivery between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. This contact person must be available to sign and confirm the items they have ordered as part of the delivery.
We do not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
Delivery is free on orders over $45 excluding GST and PST, coupons or price matches, within local trade areas. The order is shipped pending credit approval and product availability. Orders under $45 are charged a $4.99 delivery fee.
Orders placed outside of the local trading areas may take 3 to 5 business days and will have a separate delivery charge based on the weight and delivery distance of the order.
Special order items may take a little longer for delivery but are generally delivered within 2 to 10 days.
Furniture orders from the online catalogue are available for next-business-day delivery, Monday through Friday. Furniture orders may not be available for delivery if you are outside of the local trading area.
In the event of a holiday, deliveries may be delayed. We observe many federal and provincial holidays across Canada. If you are in an area that is observing a holiday and are unsure of your delivery date, please contact us.
You may contact us by email at any time or call us at 877-360-8500 from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm ET Monday through Friday, and Saturday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. A customer service representative will be happy to assist you.
If you have additional questions about shipping and delivery, click here.
If you will not be able to meet the driver to accept your delivery, please call 877-360-8500 right away. We may be able to reschedule your order for a different delivery day that is more convenient for you. Or, if you would like the driver to leave your products (for example: on front steps), please click here to fill out the Signature Release Agreement.
Please print and fill out this form completely. As the driver must take the signed original, leave it in a location that is both visible and accessible to the driver.
If more than one order is being delivered, we require that a separate Signature Release Agreement be completed for each order.
We take a great deal of care to ensure that the information on this site is both accurate and current. However, given the complex nature of our business, errors are occasionally made.
We understand that these errors may cause our customers some inconvenience—for which we apologize—but we cannot offer compensation nor accept any liability for consequences arising from such errors.
Staples has your ink or toner cartridge, guaranteed! If we’re ever out of the inkjet or toner cartridge you need,* we will give you $10 off your next purchase of that cartridge and $10 off an equivalent Staples Brand ink or toner cartridge immediately.
For more details, please call us at 877-360-8500.
*This guarantee applies to regular stocked selection as indicated in the catalogue or online. Not valid on extended delivery items. Offer limited to one per customer per month, nontransferable. No cash/credit back. Staples reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time without notice.
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!
If you find a lower advertised price on an in-stock, new identical item from an Authorized Canadian dealer, now or within 14 days of your purchase, just show us the price and we will match it!
If our competitor has a bonus offer with an item that we carry, we will match the competitor’s price and provide the identical bonus item where possible. If our competitor offers a free Gift Card with an item that we carry, we will match the competitor’s price and provide the same valued Gift Card. We do not match tender, such as gift card discounts, with our competitors.
For Internet and delivered purchases, the competitor must have the item in stock on their Web site, and next-day shipping and handling fees will be added to the competitor’s price to make a fair comparison against our price. If no shipping and handling charges are readily available in the advertisement, a flat fee of $15 will be added to the competitor’s price. There are some towns in Canada where additional shipping charges apply. Our Store Managers and Call Centres can help you determine these costs.
An identical item is a product with the same manufacturer and model number. An Authorized Canadian dealer is a retailer that the Canadian manufacturer willingly sells to (typically, unauthorized dealers do not offer legal Canadian warranties and/or packaging). The Price Match Guarantee does not apply to refurbished items or demos.
An advertisement is defined as a copy of a current Canadian: dated advertisement, original register receipt, catalogue page or competitor Web page.
From time to time, our catalogue, Internet and store prices might temporarily not match due to printing press deadlines. If this happens, you will get the lowest price of the three.
We reserve the right to limit quantities sold to an individual customer. The price match guarantee does not apply to competitors’ or Staples advertising that states “limited quantities,” “clearance,” “close-outs,” “bankruptcies” or special events (e.g., Boxing Day, Boxing Week, Black Friday). We do not match typographical errors in competitors’ advertisements. OEM, Government and Educational prices may be excluded. Prices do not include applicable taxes and/or eco-fees. We reserve the right to modify the terms of our price match guarantee from time to time.
If you have any additional questions about how our price match policy works, click here.
We are always trying to find ways to help our customers save money. One of the ways we do this is by obtaining special rebate offers from our product manufacturers. This usually means money back or free product to you, the customer.
Please read the following information for more details about our rebate offers.
Rebate Processing Time:
Please allow 8 to 12 weeks for your rebate to be processed. Check each rebate form disclosure for details as timing may vary.
Instructions, Limits and Exceptions:
Please make sure to read each rebate carefully to determine whether your purchase qualifies for the advertised rebate. Make certain you have purchased the exact product and quantity during the correct time period. Some offers also require that the customer post the offer in the mail by a specified postmark date. Be attentive to the instructions on the rebate offer form and follow the fulfillment guidelines exactly.
The majority of rebates are offered by participating manufacturers. The Business Depot Ltd. is not responsible for any part of the rebate redemption process.
Make Duplicate Copies of All Documents:
Because most rebate offers require original sales receipts and rebate forms, it is important to make copies of both and keep them with your records. Should a problem arise with your rebate redemption, having these copies will greatly assist in helping you get the issue resolved.
How to Check on Your Rebate:
If the allotted time elapses and you have not received your rebate check, please refer to the copy of your rebate form. Most rebate forms will provide specific phone numbers for you to call and/or addresses to which you can send inquiries. Should this information not be available on your rebate form, please email us and we will be happy to assist you.
If you have any additional questions about rebates, click here.
We make it easy for our customers to recycle by offering a variety of services, including options for recycling computers and office technology products. For more information on all of our environmental initiatives please visit www.staples.ca/environment.
Please click here for the recycling waiver form, which must be completed and presented to your driver if you have requested customer recycling pickup by us. Please note you do not need to complete the waiver for ink and toner cartridges.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days (computers, laptops, tablets, eReaders, smart/cell phones and unopened drones within 14 days) in saleable condition in its original packaging (including UPC code, manual, parts and your receipt or packing slip) for a full refund or replacement. The tender will be made to the same tender as the purchase. Debit and credit card refunds will only be processed to the same card number used for the original purchase. Items purchased by cheque and returned within 14 days of purchase may be returned for a store credit only. For computer returns, store management may require a 24-hour inspection period prior to processing the refund. Items that may contain personal information (computers, laptops, tablets and other technology products with memory) are to be returned to a Staples retail store only. Personal information is to be removed from any item before returning it to the store.
If you are returning an iPhone/iPad/iPod purchased after September 20th, 2013 or that has had the software updated after September 18th, 2013, you will need to turn off the “activation lock” feature before returning the device. Personal information is to be removed from any item before returning it to the store.
If you do not have a receipt, you may exchange the product or you will be issued a store credit provided that the purchase can be verified. The store credit will be the lowest retail price of the item over the last 90 days. In the absence of proof of purchase, identification may be required.
Software, Movies and Music Return Policy
Unopened boxed software, movies and music that we currently sell may be returned for a full refund within 30 days. Open or Electronic downloadable software, movies and musicis not returnable or refundable.
If you ordered through our Web site, you can arrange to have us pick up your return—just call 877-360-8500. You can also return items to your local store with your packing slip. Delivery purchases that may contain personal information are to be returned to a store.
Holiday Returns Made Easy
For your convenience, any gift item purchased between November 1 and December 24, 2018 qualifies for our extended holiday return policy.
Computer and/or laptop purchases can be exchanged or returned until January 6, 2019 or for 14 days from the date of purchase, whichever is longer.
All other purchases can be exchanged or returned until January 6, 2019 or for 30 days from the date of purchase, whichever is longer.
All other return conditions still apply.
Ask for complete details at Customer Service
For in-store purchases, Staples offers the option to receive an electronic copy of your receipt emailed directly to you. Simply provide your email address at the time of purchase and wait for your Digital Receipt to arrive (usually within 24 hours).
Can I get another copy of my Digital Receipt?
Digital Receipts cannot be resent. Please ensure that you keep your paper receipt until receiving your digital copy.
If you no longer have your physical receipt and wish to return an item, please contact the Staples Store you made your purchase at, and they will attempt to reprint your receipt.
I asked for a Digital Receipt and never received it. What do I do?
Please check to ensure that the email from Staples.eReceipt@staples.ca has not been blocked by your spam or junk mail filter.
Do I have access to my Digital Receipts at any time?
When you receive your Digital Receipt, be sure to save a copy so you can access it at any time.
Can I use my Digital Receipt to submit a claim on an Easycare Service Plan?
Yes. Digital Receipts are treated exactly like standard printed receipts when making a claim on an Easycare Service Plan. Simply contact the Staples Call Center at 1-888-723-3444 and your request will be expedited.
Can I use my Digital Receipt to return or exchange items?
Yes. Digital Receipts are treated exactly like a standard printed receipt when processing a return or exchange.
I provided the wrong email address in the store for my Digital Receipt. What do I do?
Unfortunately Digital Receipts cannot be resent. Please ensure to hold on to your paper receipt. The next time you make a purchase in-store you will be able to provide a new email address for your Digital Receipt.
Do I need to provide my email address for every purchase I make?
Yes. In order to help protect your privacy, we do not retain email addresses for the purpose of sending future Digital Receipts.
Staples is committed to providing excellent service to all customers, including those with disabilities.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) 2005, Staples has developed a policy and process to ensure that persons with disabilities have equal access to goods and services at Staples, and that the service they receive is respectful of their dignity and independence.
Under our AODA Customer Service Policy, we will carry out, in the following areas, our commitment to customers with disabilities:
All feedback is reviewed and responded to within two business days.
A copy of the Staples AODA Customer Service Policy is available in an alternate format, upon request.
Staples Inc. ("Company") may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use the Web Site.
Section 1. Use of Material
The Company authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on this Web site ("Web Site") solely for your personal, noncommercial use. Special rules may apply to the use of certain software and other items provided on the Web Site. Any such special rules are listed as "Legal Notices" on this Web Site and are incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
The contents of this Web Site, such as text, graphics, images and other material ("Material"), are protected by copyright under both Canadian and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material. You may not sell or modify the Material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Material on any other Web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the Material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Material.
Section 2. Company's Liability
The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Company makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the Material or about the results to be obtained from using the Web Site and the Material. The use of the Web Site and the Material is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Web Site and may be made at any time.
COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR THAT THIS WEB SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL GOODS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
THE WEB SITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COMPANY AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS AND LINKS.
Section 3. Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Section 4. User Submissions
Generally, any communication that you post to the Web Site is considered to be nonconfidential. If particular Web pages permit the submission of communications that will be treated by Company as confidential, that fact will be stated in "Legal Notices" on those pages. By posting communications to the Web Site, you automatically grant Company a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees.
As a User, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. You must not do the following things: Post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner; post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another User or any other person or entity; post a sexually explicit image; post advertisements or solicitations of business; post chain letters or pyramid schemes; or impersonate another person.
The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any communications posted by other Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
Company does not screen communications in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by Users. If notified by a User of communications that allegedly do not conform to this Agreement, Company may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and at its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. Company has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Company reserves the right to expel Users and prevent their further access to the Web Site for violating this Agreement or the law and the right to remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive.
Section 5. Links to Other Sites
The Web Site contains links to third-party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Company of the contents of such third-party Web sites. Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party Web sites, you do so at your own risk.
Section 6. Software Licenses
All software that is made available for downloading from the Web Site ("Software") is protected by copyright and may be protected by other rights. The use of such software is governed by the terms of the software license agreement or designated "Legal Notice" accompanying such software ("License Agreement"). The downloading and use of such software is conditioned on your agreement to be bound by the terms of the License Agreement.
Section 7. Limitation of Liability
Unless otherwise expressly provided in a Software License or Legal Notice, the Company has no aggregate liability to you for all claims arising from the use of the Materials (including Software).
Section 8. Indemnity
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Material (including Software) or your breach of the terms of this Agreement. The Company shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
Section 9. Export Control
Some countries, such as the United States, control the export of products and information. You agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export the Materials (including Software) to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws. By downloading the Materials (including Software), you are agreeing that you are not in a country where such export is prohibited or are a person or entity to which such export is prohibited. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export or re-export of the Product.
Section 10. User Information
The Company may use the information it obtains relating to you, including your IP address, name, mailing address, email address and use of the Web Site, for its internal business and marketing purposes and may disclose the information to third parties for such purposes.
Section 11. General
This Web Site is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Company makes no claims the Materials are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of Canada. Access to the Materials (including Software) may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Web Site from outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the Province of Ontario, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided in a particular "Legal Notice" or Software License or material on particular Web pages, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and the Company with respect to the use of the Web Site. Any changes to this Agreement must be made in writing, signed by an authorized representative of the Company.
2. THE SERVICE. Subject to these Terms, you may use the Service to submit Reviews and Social Q&A (collectively, the “Content”).
3. PROHIBITED USES. You agree you will not: (i) use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Service for any illegal, harmful or offensive use; (ii) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction), make any attempt to discover the source code of the Service and/or or create derivative works thereof; or (iii) use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Content.
4. LICENSE. For any Content, you grant to Staples a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, nonexclusive, sub-licensable, worldwide right and license to use the Content however Staples desires, including without limitation, to copy, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish all or any portion of the Content, translate, create derivative works from and/or distribute such Content and/or incorporate such Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world, in all cases without compensation to you.
5. REPRESENTATIONS. You are responsible for your Content. By submitting Content, you represent and warrant that:
6. USE OF CONTENT. Your Content will not be treated as confidential by Staples or its third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees. Accordingly, please do not submit anything that you do not want to share with the general public (for example, financial information, social security number, etc.). By submitting your email address in connection with your Content, you agree that Staples may contact you about the status of your Content and other administrative purposes. Any Content you submit may be used, or not used, in Staples’ sole discretion, and Staples may deny, edit for clarity or length, condense or remove Content which Staples deems to violate these Terms, or Content which:
7. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of Staples and its third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, from all claims, demands, damages, costs and expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a (i) any Content you submit, (ii) your breach of these Terms, or (iii) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Staples Inc., The Business Depot Ltd., and Bureau En Gros Ltd. featured logos are service marks or trademarks of their respective owners. This entire Web site is Copyright © Staples Inc.
The information and design of this site are owned by Staples Inc. (Staples). Except for a single temporary copy in a single computer's memory and a single permanent copy to be used by user, the information contained herein may not be used, copied, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered or stored for subsequent use, in whole or in part, in any manner, without the express prior written consent of Staples (unless such use constitutes fair use under the Copyright Act).
All information contained herein is believed by Staples to be accurate and reliable. Because of the possibility of human and mechanical error as well as other factors, Staples is not responsible for any errors or omissions, either its own or its information providers'. All information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Staples makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties of any kind to user and/or any third party, including as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
Staples (and affiliates) have no liability in tort, contract or otherwise (and, as permitted by law, product liability), to user or any third party.
Staples (and affiliates) shall under no circumstance be liable to user or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, or any indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages whatsoever, from any application of the information provided within this site, even if Staples has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Some Canadian province and foreign countries provide rights in addition to those above, or do not allow excluding or limiting implied warranties, or liability for incidental or consequential damages. Therefore, the above limitations may not apply to you or there may be provincial provisions that supersede the above. Any clause declared invalid shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder. These terms may only be amended in writing signed by an authorized officer of Staples and are governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario.
Official Sweepstakes Rules
Staples Canada - Bureau en Gros 2017/18 Customer Satisfaction Survey $250 Sweepstakes
1. DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. The Staples Canada - Bureau en Gros 2017/18 Customer Satisfaction Survey $250 Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is a quarterly random drawing Sweepstakes beginning on or about Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Saturday, February 8, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (collectively, "Sweepstakes Period"). The administrator of this Sweepstakes is COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702, USA ("Administrator "). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Staples Canada Inc. (d/b/a “Staples Canada and Bureau en Gross”), 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B4W3 Canada ("Sponsor").
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter this Sweepstakes. (1) Customers who receive an invitation to complete a customer satisfaction survey either on their store receipt containing the official 19-digit order number or receive an email invitation from the Sponsor to participate in the survey can complete a customer satisfaction survey online. Once the survey has been completed you will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes (see entry dates chart below) unless you affirmatively choose not to enter the Sweepstakes (option given during survey). All online and phone survey entries, must be made within seven days of receipt date. Official order numbers are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. (2) Free alternate means of entry: Legibly hand print on a postcard your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes please), city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, age and email address (if available) and mail it to: Bureau en Gros 2017/18 Customer Satisfaction Survey $250 Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2242, Framingham, MA 01703-2242 USA. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
QUARTERLY UNIQUE ENTRY PERIODS LISTED BELOW:
|Entry Period Begins
12:00:01 a.m. ET:
11:59:59 p.m. ET:
|Drawing Date:||Mailed entries must
be received by:
Mail-in entries will be entered into the Drawing Period based on the date of receipt of entry. LIMIT: One entry per month per email or household address. One prize per person or household over each Sweepstakes Period. NO entry will be carried forward to another Drawing Period. To enter all four (4) drawings, you must enter one (1) time per Drawing Period.
All entries and materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and shall not be acknowledged or returned. If entries exceed the entry limitations, the Entrant may be disqualified in the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries shall be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means shall be disqualified. Each entrant must be the rightful owner or have authorized use of the e-mail address identified in the entrant's entry as of the Start Date. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner shall be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada who are at least the age of majority in their residence province. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within six months prior to the start date, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor or Administrator (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: A random drawing will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Administrator from all eligible entries received during each Entry Period. Four (4) prize winners will be selected in each drawing based on the drawing schedule listed in Rule #2. Prize winner shall be notified by telephone, email and/or overnight mail, whichever is appropriate. Selected winner shall be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within five (5) business days of attempted notification date. The failure to respond timely to the notification shall result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, the Administrator shall randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. Winning entrant will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to be eligible to win prize. The question will be administered by phone within five (5) business days following the drawing. If entrant cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate entrant will be selected. Prize winners shall be required to verify name and complete mailing address in order to receive their prize. The decisions of the Administrator are final and legally binding in all Sweepstakes related matters.
5. PRIZE: ONLY THE PRIZES LISTED BELOW WILL BE AWARDED EACH QUARTER.
Four (4) QUARTERLY PRIZES: Each winner will receive a $250 (CAD) Staples Canada - Bureau en Gros Gift Card or merchandise credit. Gift Card or merchandise credit is redeemable only at Staples Canada - Bureau en Gros retail stores in Canada. The Staples Canada - Bureau en Gros or merchandise credit is not redeemable, transferable or exchangeable for cash and cannot be applied to existing credit balances. The terms and conditions of use of the Gift Card or merchandise credit apply.
Prize winner cannot assign or transfer all or any portion of any prize to another person. Winner shall be responsible for any and all taxes resulting from acceptance of the prize. No prize will be replaced if lost or stolen once issued to the recipient. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which shall be final and legally binding in all respects. All city, province and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities; their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third party claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes, including entry and participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Each entrant, including each prize winner, by participating in the Sweepstakes, agrees to fully indemnify each Indemnified Party from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Entrants authorize the Indemnified Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winners list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Any dispute concerning the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie de alcohols, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. Prize Winner List: For the list of quarterly prize winners or a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received no later than 2/7/2018 to: “The Staples Canada - Bureau en Gros 2017/18 Customer Satisfaction Survey $250 Sweepstakes” Winners List or Rules, PO Box 2242, Framingham, MA 01703-2242 USA.
Statement of commitment
Staples seeks to help businesses and consumers make more happen every day while also protecting the planet and driving positive change in the global community. To that end, we as a global company are committed to achieving our long-term vision of offering more sustainable choices and offering convenient environmental services to our customers; eliminating operational waste; and maximizing energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy. We recognize that implementation of this vision is a process of continuous improvement, and will vary by market depending on local opportunities and constraints. We will use a foundation of collaboration, integrity and transparency to achieve our vision.
Offering more sustainable choices
Across our entire assortment, Staples seeks to offer products that meet our customers’ needs for quality, features and value while delivering reduced environmental and social impacts. To support this commitment, we will:
Offering convenient environmental services for our customers
Staples is committed to helping customers responsibly recycle items we sell that they cannot easily recycle otherwise and to offering other services that help them run their business more sustainably. To that end, we will:
Eliminating operational waste
Staples is dedicated to minimizing waste in our own operations. To that end, we will:
Maximizing energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy
The goals of Staples’ energy management programs are to advance energy reduction and the use of renewable and clean energy to reduce our carbon impact. To that end, we will:
Fulfilling Staples’ commitment to our environmental vision and goals requires a foundation of collaboration, integrity and transparency. To that end:
Staples Canada Inc. (the "Company") considers "personal information" to be information about an identifiable individual. We do not consider public information found in directories and listings, or business names, addresses and/or contact numbers, to be personal information.
The foregoing is the Corporate Privacy Statement of Staples Canada Inc., which carries on business in Canada under the names "Business Depot," "Staples" and "Bureau en Gros."
If you have any questions about Staples Canada’s customer privacy practices, please contact our privacy officer by:
Staples Canada Inc.
6 Staples Avenue
Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 4W3
Attn: Customer Privacy Department
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
This Privacy Statement describes our handling of Personal Information in connection with your presence in our locations and your use of our websites, mobile apps and the services we provide. By using our websites and services, you hereby consent to these terms.
“Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you as an individual. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use, share, and protect, your Personal Information, and choices you have regarding your Personal Information. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and to consult our Privacy Resource Centre to learn more about privacy.
1. Categories of Personal Information You Provide or We Collect.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
To learn more about automated tracking technologies, visit our Privacy Resource Centre.
Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed toward children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
Personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with other parties in the following instances:
4. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
a. To Stop Certain Collection and Use of Your Personal Information:
Marketing Emails and Texts
Interest Based Advertising
Some of our websites support Interest Based Advertising efforts by third parties. Industry groups such as the Digital Advertising Alliance, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance if you are located in the European Union, have developed services to help you manage your Interest Based Advertising preferences.
You can opt-out of tracking used to understand website utilization provided by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell certain websites you do not want your online activities tracked. Our websites, like many other retailers, do not have this functionality.
b. To Change or Correct Your Personal Information
At any time, you can request access to your personal information, request that any inaccuracies be corrected, or request that comments or explanations be added to records about you.
You may contact us with changes as described in the How To Contact Us section. To prevent unauthorized changes, we may ask for certain information to verify your identity before we process such requests.
Although we will do our best to make your requested changes, in some cases (for example, if it requires a disproportionate technical or practical cost or effort or if it conflicts with our legal obligations or business requirements) we may be unable to do so completely.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We employ technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Information and require third parties with whom we work to do the same. However, we cannot guarantee your information will be completely safe against unauthorized access. Please use caution when sharing your information with others and take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of your username and password. Some practical tips are available in the Privacy Resource Centre.
If you think the Personal Information you provided to us has been improperly accessed or used, or if you suspect that unauthorized purchases have been made on our websites using your Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
Our websites may contain links to, or plugins or widgets from, social media or other websites operated and maintained by third parties. These properties, which we do not control, operate independently and have their own privacy practices and statements, which we encourage you to review.
6. Customer Specific Disclosures
If you are a contract customer and would like to opt-out of receiving promotional mail and/or email from us, please notify your Account Manager. You may still receive email or postal mail from other affiliated companies and third parties if they have received your email or postal address from other sources or as a result of their own transactions or experiences with you. You will also continue to receive email or postal mail if you request to hear from us again at a later date.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83–1798.84 California residents may request the names and addresses of affiliated companies and categories of Personal Information we share for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us.
European Union (EU) Residents
Staples and its affiliated companiesare based in the U.S. and the information Staples and its service providers collect is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing the Services from outside of the U.S., please be aware that information collected through the services may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the U.S. Data protection laws in the U.S. may be different from those of your country of residence. Your use of the services or provision of any information therefore constitutes your consent to the transfer to and from, processing, usage, sharing, and storage of your information, including Personal Information, in the U.S. as set forth in this Privacy Statement.
As residents of the EU, you will have certain additional rights with respect to your Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation including;
For more information, see the Privacy Resource Centre.
We will retain your EU Personal Information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services and to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and fulfill our business needs.
7. How To Contact Us
This Privacy Statement applies to Staples, Inc. and itsaffiliated companies.
Please direct any questions, complaints or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement and our treatment of your Personal Information to any of the following:
by emailing at: email@example.com
by phone at: (+1) 800-333-3330 (US only)
by writing to:
Privacy and Compliance
500 Staples Drive
Framingham, MA 01702 US
Upon receiving a written request, we will contact you directly, investigate your request and work to address your concerns. We will respond to your request without undue delay within 30 days. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify customer identity prior to granting access or processing changes or corrections.
8. Privacy Statement Updates
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, and we will post on our websites any updated Privacy Statement. Recent changes to the Privacy Statement are documented below. Each version of this Privacy Statement will be identified by its effective date displayed at the top of this Privacy Statement.
What has changed:
May 25, 2018
March 23, 2017
Removed references to the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor programs which have or will be discontinued.
Last updated on May 25 2018
Welcome to the Privacy Resource Centre
The following information is being made available for your education and reference purposes. We hope you find it helpful and informative as privacy and data security are important to all of us. Here’s what you can learn about in this Resource Centre:
1. General Security Practices. It is a good general practice when using any website to take the following pre-cautions:
Protect your username and password. Never share them with others and use different and complex passwords for each account. Consider using a commercially available Password Locker or Vault to generate and store your passwords.
Other public online safety resources:
Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred from websites to your computer’s hard drive and they may serve a variety of purposes. Web beacons, flash cookies and other similar technologies may also be used for these purposes. For example, cookies “remember” you when you return to a website and make your experience more user-friendly. Cookies identify which web pages are visited and how often. Cookies are also used to allow companies to better understand how their websites are used to improve their services.
Types of Cookies, How They Are Used and The Potential Impact If Disabled
|Cookie Type||Purpose||Potential impact if disabled|
|Session Cookies||Used to support website functionality||Access to website content and features may be limited|
|Preference Cookies||Used to remember user preferences from one visit to the next||Preference will need to be reset on each visit to the website. This may also disable the ability have websites “remember” you at time of login|
|Advertising Cookies||Used to serve you advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests||Advertisements will still be displayed but will be more random and may be less relevant to you and your interests|
|Security Cookies||Used as a component of a website’s general security and user authentication processes||Access to website and features may be limited|
How to disable or delete cookies
If you want to prevent your browser from accepting cookies, if you want to be informed whenever a cookie is stored on your computer or if you want to delete cookies from your computer, please make the necessary changes in your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options”. See links below:
If you disable or delete cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access important functions or features, you will be required to re-enter your log-in details and your use of the website may be limited.
Please note that if you clear all cookies on your browser, or use a different browser or computer, you will need to complete the opt-out procedure again.
To opt out from flash cookies, please click here: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
3. Interest-Based and Online Behavioral Marketing
Cookies also enable companies to market products and services and deliver targeted advertising to you. You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks using the opt-out features at Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative. AdChoices, indicated by the icon is an example of a service some websites offer to assist in managing Interest-Based advertising choices.
If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these pages, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, your opt-out may become ineffective and may need to be repeated.
Websites use tools to track and manage website traffic. Google Analytics is a commonly used tool for this purpose. Individuals may opt out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Note: If your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or if you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or change web browsers, opt-out elections may become ineffective and may need to be repeated.
4. Bluetooth beacons
Bluetooth beacons transmit a low-power signal that can be received within short distances by nearby Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices and recognized by apps a smartphone user has downloaded. Beacons only broadcast signals, and don’t collect any data. With the user’s permission, an app on a device can use the beacon’s signals to know when the mobile device is close to the beacon.
5. Mobile Devices and Location Services
Mobile devices offer access to many features including applications developed specifically for mobile devices and direct access to the internet via browsers. These devices also provide additional services including location services which broadcast your location and notifications services that allow you to receive messages. You can disable the GPS locator or push notifications on your mobile device via your device settings.
Learn more about mobile devices and location services.
6. Scams (If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is a scam)
Phishing: This occurs when scammers send legitimate-looking emails to illegitimately gather personal and financial information. The emails look just like a legitimate email and often use company logos. If the customer falls for the bait, the thief could get credit card numbers, PINs, account passwords, expiration dates, credit card/bank account numbers and even Social Security numbers. Don’t click on links in emails unless you’ve requested the email or somehow otherwise know it is real. Learn more about phishing.
Vishing: Vishing is like "phishing" but uses a phone (baiting people by voice instead of email. Scammers pose as a known retailer or bank. They often call saying they need to verify information on file asking the individual to provide their personal information.
Don’t provide sensitive information over the phone when asked, instead contact the company directly at a number you find on a statement of on their website. Don’t call a number you are provided over the phone. Learn more about vishing.
Smishing: In these scammers use text messages, called "SMS" messages, instead of emails or phone calls. They have been seen with messages of winning a contest. Learn more about smishing.
7. Identity Theft
Steps to consider in protecting yourself against fraud and identity theft:
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
P.O. Box 9532
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834
8. Canadian specific resources:
9. European Union specific resources:
Effective as of May 25, 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will replace the currently applicable EU Data Protection Directive and it will override existing EU national privacy laws. The GDPR will require new or additional obligations on all companies that handle EU citizens’ personal data, regardless of where the companies themselves are located. These regulations will only apply to the following affiliated companies: Makr, Marke Creative and to a certain extent, Staples Promotional Products.
GDPR affords EU and EA citizens additional protections.
For example, you can request from us the following information:
For more information on GDPR, see: Official text of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Legal Disclaimer - This website is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered as a contractual commitment or legal advice.
What has changed:
|May 25, 2018||Initial version of the Information Security and Privacy Resource Centre|