How To Enter
Create a wishlist of products featured on Staples.ca that you would use to redo your home office. Whether you create a video, blog post, photo collage, or shared g-doc, create a list of products that you would select if chosen.
Share your list via twitter with the hashtag #MakeMoreMakeover and tag @StaplesCanada
The contest will run from March 17, 2014 until April 30, 2014 (12pm EST)
3 winners (up to $1,000 in products for each winner) will be selected who best showcase the extensive offerings of Staples Canada and crafting a unique home office decor.
Best Use of Small Space
3 winners (up to $1,000 in products for each winner) will be chosen based on their wishlist and items to help them save safe and stay organized.
Official Rules & Regulations
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest start date is March 17, 2014 at 12:00:01 AM EST. Contest closing date is at 11:59:59 PM EST on April 30, 2014.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win the prize, an entrant must: a) be a Canadian resident; b) have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides as of the Contest start date and; c) not be an employee of (or be domiciled with an employee of) Staples Canada Inc. or its affiliates, advertising agencies or contractors. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Complete your entry online through Staples Twitter page. To enter on Twitter go to https://twitter.com/StaplesCanada and you must submit a wishlist with the hashtag #MakeMoreMakeover and tag @StaplesCanada at https://twitter.com/StaplesCanada. Each entrant must include all entry information requested in order to receive one (1) contest entry. No Purchase Necessary. All entries become the property of Staples Canada Inc. The chances of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE: (3) . Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitution or cash equivalent of the prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The total value of the prizes is $1000.00 CAD.
- PRIZE AWARDING: Only one prize per family, per household or per email address will be awarded for the duration of the contest. A mathematical skill‐testing question must be answered correctly in order to be qualified as a prize winner. A selection will be made at 10:00 AM EST on May 2, 2014 at 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, ON, L4B 4W3 based on wishlist category descriptions. The selected entrants will be contacted within 1 month after the grand prize selection, via Twitter direct message; winner must sign and return a standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations, to claim their prize. Winners must also fax/mail a copy of photo identification (Driver’s license, Passport) to confirm age of majority. Each winner will be informed of how he can claim his prize and the date by which he can claim it.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: By submitting their information through Staples Twitter page, entrants agree to be entered into the Contest. Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without further compensation to the winner. By entering this Contest, each entrant also consents to Staples Canada Inc., their respective affiliates, advertising agencies and contractors collecting, using and storing the personal information submitted through the online entry for the purpose of administering the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations. By accepting a prize in the Contest, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, address and/or likeness, without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, in any publicity or advertising carried out by Staples Canada Inc., unless prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this Contest, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including technical failure or corruption, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, legal proceedings and/or any risk thereof, or any cause beyond the control of Staples Canada Inc. which, in the opinion of Staples Canada Inc., affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Staples Canada Inc. is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by Staples Canada Inc. will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, nonauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Staples Canada Inc., which, in the sole opinion of the independent contest organization, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest. In the event of technical impairment, Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right, but has no obligation to select winners at random from all registered entrants at the time of such impairment.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Staples Canada Inc., which are final. Staples Canada Inc. shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the prizes. Staples Canada Inc. will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage‐due entries/prize claims. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e‐mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e‐mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e‐mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e‐mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e‐mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- SPONSOR: Staples Canada Inc., 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 4W3.