Earn AIR MILES®† reward miles on all your in-store and online purchases.
Plus, earn Bonus AIR MILES®† reward miles in-store and online.
See our weekly flyer for great BONUS offers!
Base Offer: Earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile for every $40 spent in a single transaction at all participating Staples locations or at Staples.ca after all discounts and exclusions are applied. Exclusions include but are not limited to: all taxes, delivery services, assembly services, all gift cards, self-serve copying, charitable donations, electronics levies, environmental and other third-party fees. Other exclusions may apply. AIR MILES Collector Card must be included at time of purchase.
Staples SWIPE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN AIR MILES®† reward miles Contest 2015
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest start date is December 28,2014 at 12:00:01 AM EST. Contest closing date is March 28, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM EST.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win the prize, an entrant must: a) be a Canadian resident; b) be an AIR MILES Collector; c) have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides as of the Contest start date or is between the ages of sixteen (16), inclusive, and the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence (each, a “Minor”) and whose parent/legal guardian has agreed (both on his/her behalf and on his/her Minor child’s behalf) that each of you will be bound by these contest rules and; d) not be or be domiciled with an employee of Staples Canada Inc. or its affiliates, advertising agencies or contractors. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
If you are not an AIR MILES Collector, you may enroll in the AIR MILES Reward Program by visiting airmiles.ca. By enrolling to become an AIR MILES Collector you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
a. Visit any Staples in-store location during the Contest Period and swipe your AIR MILES®† Collector Card when you make a purchase to get one (1) entry into the Contest, which will be allocated to the applicable Weekly Contest Period as determined by the date of the swipe. (There is a limit of one (1) swipe per purchase.)
b. No Purchase Necessary (mail-in entry): To enter the Contest without a purchase, send through a homemade entry form containing your name, address, postal code, AIR MILES Collector Card number, telephone numbers (day and evening) and an original (no photocopies) essay of a minimum of 50 words explaining why you should win this Contest. Limit one essay entry per person per day. Entires can be mailed to the following address: “Staples SWIPE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN AIR MILES®† reward miles Contest” 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 4W3. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Any mailed entry that does not comply to the criteria detailed herein, is opened, mutilated, altered, copied, or in any way illegible will be void. Each mailed entry will be treated as one (1) entry into the Contest and allocated to the applicable weekly or monthly Contest Period as determined by the date of the postage-stamp. Mailed entries must be post-stamped by December 28, 2014 and received by April 8, 2015.
c. Limit on Entries: There is a limit of five (5) entries per Collector Account per day through Staples/Bureau en Gros in-store Point of Sale. For no purchase entry option there is a limit of one essay entry per person per day. All entries become the property of Staples Canada Inc. The chances of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during each Weekly and Monthly Contest Period.4. PRIZES: There are three (3) monthly prizes available to be won, consisting of 5000 AIR MILES reward miles and twenty six (26) weekly prizes available to be won, each consisting of 500 AIR MILES reward miles.
The approximate retail value of AIR MILES reward miles depends on the chosen method of redemption, available reward options at the time of redemption, and the set preference between AIR MILES Cash and AIR MILES Dream balances. If redeemed for AIR MILES Cash, 95 reward miles can be redeemed for $10 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash in stores at participating AIR MILES Sponsors. If redeemed for flights (950 reward mile minimum required for flight redemption), the value depends on destination chosen, date of travel and use of multiple carriers or suppliers. For example, one return economy flight from Toronto, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba is 20000 AIR MILES reward miles and has an approximate value of $525.00 (Canadian) excluding taxes. Winner must pay applicable taxes, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs. The value of AIR MILES reward miles redeemed for non-flight reward options depends on reward options in effect at the time of redemption. AIR MILES reward miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time.Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded.
5. PRIZE AWARDING: Only one prize per Collector Account will be awarded for the duration of the Contest. A mathematical skill-testing question must be answered correctly in order to be qualified as a prize winner. The random Weekly Prize and Monthly Prize drawings will be held at 10:00 AM EST on the dates specified below from the total number of eligible entries allocated to each weekly and monthly Contest Period. Contest entries allocated to a particular Weekly Contest Period will not be carried forward to Weekly Contest Periods. Potential winners will be selected in random drawings conducted at 80 Ambassador Dr., Mississauga, ON L5T 2Y9. The random Prize drawings will be held on the dates specified below from the total number of eligible entries allocated to each weekly and monthly Contest Period. Contest entries allocated to a particular weekly or daily Contest Period will not be carried forward.
The selected entrants will be contacted after each draw, via email or phone number (as available); winner must sign and return a standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations, to claim their prize. Winners must also fax/mail a copy of photo identification (Driver’s license, Passport) to confirm age of majority. Each winner will be informed of how he can claim his prize and the date by which he can claim it. If the selected entrant is contacted by phone, there will be a total of 3 attempts within 7 Business Days. If no response, the selected entrant will lose the potential prize. If the selected entrant is contacted by email, there will be a total of 1 attempt within 7 Business Days. If no response, the selected entrant will lose the potential prize. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the individual in whose name the AIR MILES Collector Account has been established and this is the individual to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner. If any potential Prize winner is under the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence, a parent or legal guardian of the potential winner will be required to sign the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form on behalf of their Minor and the prize will be deposited into the Collector Account of the Minor. If the parent or legal guardian of the potential Prize winner does not sign the Prize Acknowledgement and Release Form, the potential Prize winner will not be awarded the Prize.
AIR MILES reward miles Prize will be posted directly into the AIR MILES Collector Account of the confirmed winner within 60 days after the confirmation of the winner of that Prize. To ensure that the winner receives the Prize in his/her preferred balance, winner should ensure his/her balance preferences (AIR MILES® Cash balance and AIR MILES® Dream balance) are set as desired prior to the Prize being posted in his/her Collector Account.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS:
Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right to use the name, city of residence, comments, likeness and /or photograph of any winner without compensation, in any advertising and publicity in relation to the Contest.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Staples Canada Inc., LoyaltyOne, Inc. and each of their affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion or other representatives or agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors and agents (collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, postage due, garbled or unintelligible transmissions or entries; (ii) any notification or document that is lost or not received by an entrant or Staples Canada Inc.; (iii) any injury including death or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, by the Contest or any Contest prize; or (iv) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; technical malfunctions; human or technical error or negligence; or printing errors. All entries become the property of Staples Canada Inc. and will not be returned.
Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest and to amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason. Staples Canada Inc. uses your AIR MILES Collector Account Number to validate your Collector Account and to track entry into this Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this Contest, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including technical failure or corruption, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, legal proceedings and/or any risk thereof, or any cause beyond the control of Staples Canada Inc. which, in the opinion of Staples Canada Inc., affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: Staples Canada Inc. is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by Staples Canada Inc. will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Staples Canada Inc., which, in the sole opinion of the independent contest organization, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest. In the event of technical impairment, Staples Canada Inc. reserves the right, but has no obligation to select winners at random from all registered entrants at the time of such impairment.
9. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Staples Canada Inc., which are final. Staples Canada Inc. and LoyaltyOne, Inc. shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the prizes. Staples Canada Inc. will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage-due entries/prize claims. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
10. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. SPONSOR: The Contest is managed by Staples Canada Inc., 6 Staples Avenue, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 4W3. LoyaltyOne, Co. is in no way connected to the management of this Contest.
®†™† Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Staples Canada Inc.